Ask the Experts: Who is required to provide an EEO-1 Report?


Question: How do we know if we are required to provide an EEO-1 Report?

Answer: A standard Form 100 (EEO-1) must be filed by September 30th by:

  • All private employers who are either:
    • Subject to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (as amended by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972) with 100 or more employees excluding state and local governments, primary and secondary school systems, institutions of higher education, Indian tribes, and tax-exempt private membership clubs other than labor organizations; or
    • Subject to Title VII and who have fewer than 100 employees if the company is owned or affiliated with another company; or there is centralized ownership, control, or management (such as central control of personnel policies and labor relations) so that the group legally constitutes a single enterprise, and the entire enterprise employs a total of 100 or more employees.
  • All federal contractors (private employers), who:
    • Are not exempt as provided for by 41 C.F.R. § 60-1.5; and
    • Have 50 or more employees; and
      • Are prime contractors or first-tier subcontractors having a contract, subcontract, or purchase order amounting to $50,000 or more; or
      • Serve as a depository of government funds in any amount; or
      • Is a financial institution which is an issuing and paying agent for U.S. savings bonds and notes.

Employers meeting any of these requirements as outlined by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission may file online after obtaining a user ID and password at