More than half of employers report having trouble retaining high-potential employees and top performers. While the reasons for this can be vast and vary among companies, often it comes down to two main things: low morale and eventually, poor performance.
Ask yourself a few simple questions to help combat these common workplace problems before they happen:
- Does your organization encourage recognition programs?
- Do you offer competitive wages?
- Is ongoing professional development training a priority? (Wondering if training is actually worth the investment? It is. Here’s why.)
- Do you conduct annual employee feedback surveys?
- Does your company have a system for performance reviews and improvement plans?
- Do managers offer ongoing feedback to employees?
Download the What Could Go Wrong infographic now for more HR risk-related questions you should be asking every day.