The most debilitating workplace injuries amount to nearly $62 billion per year in direct U.S. workers’ compensation costs. In California alone, the total medical losses paid for workers’ comp claims in 2014 by the California Insurance Guarantee Association was $5 billion.
OK, you get it. Workplace injuries can cost employers. Plus, no eemployer wants an employee to get hurt.
We all know that employer safety compliance is key, but what are some other ways to avoid workplace injuries?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Does your company provide the proper training for all employees?
- Do working conditions meet or exceed safety standards and rules?
- Does your company conduct regular safety checks?
- Is the appropriate safety equipment available?
- Did your company establish adequate policies and procedures that are published in an employee handbook? (Wondering if your company needs an employee handbook in the first place? It does. Here’s why.)
Download the What Could Go Wrong infographic now for more HR risk-related questions you should be asking every day.