Time & Date: August 26, 2020
Over the past year, there have been many developments on the employment law front, such as:
- The number of workers nationwide who need to receive anti-harassment training jumped to 20 percent.
- Marijuana legalization continued its spread to include medical and/or recreational use in four out of five states.
- The final rule on overtime exemptions was at long-last published and goes into effect January 1, 2020.
- The Supreme Court heard arguments in October on three cases regarding LGBTQI+ protections in the workplace.
- Family and medical leave became a hot issue at the local level, with several states and cities guaranteeing paid or unpaid time off for a variety of reasons.
Hear from employment attorneys John Dickinson and Kara Govro on how 2019 legislation impacts employers and what you need to know to be compliant and avoid people risks going forward.