From the Hotline: Link to FMLA Forms
Question: Can you provide a link for Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) forms?
Answer: The links below provide Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) notices from the Department of Labor, as well as best practice steps in administering the leave while utilizing these forms.
The Best Practice Steps to Administering a Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Leave
1. When an employee requests a leave of absence, identify the reason for the leave.
2. Confirm the employee is eligible for FMLA leave.
4. Within five days of identifying the need for leave, provide the required notices/forms:
- Within five days of receiving the completed medical certification, provide the employee with form WH-382, FMLA Designation Notice.
6. Inform the employee of benefit premium requirements (via the WH-381 and/or memo).
7. Inform the employee how and when to communicate during the leave.
8. Track how much leave is used (continuous or intermittent).
9. Track when FMLA will exhaust and when benefits will end following exhaustion.
Communicate with the employee prior to his or her return to make any accommodations, request a release to work, if applicable, add the baby to the plan, if applicable, and create a plan to reintegrate the employee successfully.